Pet food manufacturers cater to a very large niche market, providing a wide range of items from dried food and biscuits, to types of food that contain water making them moist or semi-moist. These variations mean that the different types of pet food need to be packaged in a variety of different ways.
Generally dry pet foods, including kibbels and snacks, are bagged; semi-moist foods are packed in pouches; and pet foods that contain as much as 60 to 78 percent liquid are canned. But within these broad categories, there are a number of more specific choices that rely on different types of pet food packaging equipment. After all, pet food packaging, like the packaging used for food destined for human consumption, is just as important as products. Overall, vertical bagging machines are a very popular option.
Whichever type of pet food packaging is required, branding is also very important for the growth and profitability of any business. So this is also a vital factor when choosing the best pet food packaging for your product, especially since research shows that those who focus on packaging design do close to 200 percent better than companies that don’t.
Irrespective of the type of pet food packaging you need or want, always make sure that the packaging can be read easily and that it stands for something relevant to your brand. Try to evoke a positive emotion from consumers with words and/or custom artwork or pictures.
It is also important to choose pet food packaging that will enable you to develop a good marketing strategy. The two should go hand-in-hand.
Pet Food Packaging Solutions From Technik
Technik Packaging Machinery has solutions for packing all sorts of items, and specializes amongst other things on pet food packaging. We know that whatever type of pet food you manufacture and/or distribute, you and your customers expect it to be packed in high quality packaging that presents the product in the best possible way. The solution lies in the type of pet food packaging equipment chosen.
Some of the solutions offered by Technik include vertical bagging machines that:
- Work on a horizontal conveyor system that provides high-quality packaging that is cost effective. Premium standup bags may be reclosed and have a number of option extras including four-corner sealing. Ideal for low and medium-volume packing as well as high-output operations.
- Can be configured for either pillow bags or trapezoidal cross-bags for both high output and affordable small output operations. Ideal for moist pet food packaging.
- Provide low-cost packaging in gusseted, pillow, or flat-bottom bags that may be used for dry kibbels or moist cat/dog food. Ideal for any business that has a wide variety of packaging needs.
- Provide the highest possible output into large bags up to 12 inches wide and 32 inches long (when flat), or slower performance into bags that are up to 25 inches x 48 inches. Ideal for any dry pet food.
- Load bags in cartons that are then closed using hot-melt glue ready for distribution or delivery.
- Provide fully automated solutions for packing packaged pet food into corrugated cases for distribution and storage.
- Provide fully automated solutions that pack products into tray-and-lid packaging for transportation and storage. This is the most compact automated solution of its kind.
And those are just some of the options we offer. Call us to see what we can do to help with your pet food packaging. We like to form partnerships with our clients, and will work with you to ensure you get the best out of per food packaging.