While it is true that some businesses package goods manually, this is not a viable option for large numbers of product, regardless of what it is. Automated packaging machinery, on the other hand, enables manufacturers to up their game and become more efficient in terms of labor volumes and material costs.
There are though many different options when it comes to automated packaging machinery. There are also numerous automation aids that can be used including sensors, motion-control devices, and human/machine interfaces (HMIs) that help control and monitor machines and make them more efficient. The challenge is to identify which automated packaging machinery will be best for your factory or plant.
Some New Developments in Automated Packaging Machinery
Technology keeps improving especially in relation to modularity design and hygiene, and robotics, particularly in fields like food packaging and pharmaceuticals. While you might not need cutting-edge automated packaging machinery right now, it’s a good idea to keep up with new developments and trends.
Late 2016 PackEx Montreal showcased some exciting new automated machines that illustrate what new or improved features we can look forward to in future. These included:
- A skin-packaging line with tray sealers.
- Machines with a double-chamber vacuum.
- A robotic modular palletizer that can be adapted to fit into any plant layout. A pre-engineered machine that can be delivered to the plant on modular skids that fit on a single trailer-truck, this machine promises to minimize lead-time of manufacturing as well as time and cost need for commissioning and installation.
- A roll stock thermoforming machine.
- Automated machines designed to flow wrap, thermoform, detect metal, slice, and label. These included tray sealers, vacuum chambers, a rotary automatic bagger, and advanced portioner, as well as a metal detector and a cutting-edge flow-wrapping machine.
In January 2017 Pharmapack Europe will feature some more trend-setting automated packaging machinery. Automation solutions, as well as smaller packaging operations that will accelerate growth with automation and robotics, will be featured.
How to Up Tour Game With Automated Packaging Machinery From Technik
Technik Packaging Machinery has a comprehensive range of reliable solutions that can be used to automate packaging processes. Our systems deliver high-quality packaging for goods produced in a wide range of industries including bottling lines, dosing systems, vertical baggers, stick packers and various cartoners.
Whether you need to package candy or coffee, cosmetics or pharmaceuticals, pet food or industrial products, Technik Packaging Machinery can help you up your game with some of the very best automated packaging machinery available.