Automated packaging machinery, and automatic packaging lines that link machines together, make the production of most manufactured items viable. It also enables companies in most industries to mass-produce items cost effectively.
Generally packaging lines are comprised of three sections:
- Front, which gets the product and materials required for packaging to the production line.
- Middle, that gets the completed product into the packaging.
- End, which is where the packaged products are accumulated for shipping.
Machines used in the front, middle, and at the end of the production lines vary, depending on the actual task they are designed to do. They include depalletizers, oreinters, fillers, labelers, case packers, unitizers, and more.
Numerous aids are also available to improve automation, including sensors, motion-control devices, and human/machine interfaces (HMIs) that help to monitor and control automated packaging machinery, improving efficiency and productivity.
But the question is, which industries benefit most from the use of automated packaging machinery, and what equipment do they utilize?
Industries That Benefit From Automated Packaging Equipment
Technik Packaging Machinery caters for a wide range of industries producing an even wider range of products, from candy and condiments, and fresh and frozen foods, to industrial goods and pharmaceuticals. All benefit from automation of packaging lines, whether it is semi automated or fully automated packaging machinery.
Some of the industries that benefit most are listed below:
The Consumer Products Industry
Consumer products are vast and varied, and include everything that caters for our needs, whether for health and hygiene, food and drink, cleaning, personal care, clothing, or beauty products. Examples of automated packaging machinery suitable for the consumer products industry include:
- Pillow bags, cartons and case packing for candy and confectionary
- Pillow bags, recloseable standup bags, cartons and cases for snack food packaging
- Vacuum packaging systems for dry dog food and cat kibbles, as well as rigid containers (like tins) and premade pouches
The Cosmetics Industry
The cosmetics industry as a whole produces a range of beauty and personal and facial care products ranging from hair and body products, to makeup and perfume. Examples of automated packaging machinery suitable for cosmetics include dosing systems, compact cartoners, stick pack machines, as well as numerous custom solutions.
The Food and Beverage Industry
The food and beverage industry is enormous, and much of the automated packaging equipment we provide is for niches within these industries that include:
- Dry foods
- Fresh foods
- Frozen foods
- Liquids including juice
- Snack food
Some automated packaging machinery can be used for different types of food or beverages, some are more specialized. Examples include:
- Reclosable standup bags and fractional packs for coffee
- Stick packing equipment for condiments
- Various machines that can pack dry foodstuffs in bags, cartons and cases
- Bottling lines and cartoners for liquids
- Traditional cartons and bags, stand-up bags, and specialized cases for pasta
- Bulk pillow bags, bags in boxes, boil-in bags, and cartons for rice
The Nutraceutical Industry
Related to both the food and pharmaceutical industries, the nutraceutical industry focuses on health and nutrition, and includes a vast range of products from dietary supplements, herbal products and isolated nutrients, to engineered designer foods. Automated packaging machinery is able to bag and bottle products, or pack them into cartons.
The Pharmaceutical Industry
A huge global industry generating trillions of dollars ever year, the pharmaceutical industry produces drugs, medicines and various medications in every form possible. And there are automated packaging solutions for every type.
Whichever industry you operate in, Technik Packaging Machinery can supply cost effective equipment that will reliably automate your packaging processes and help to bolster the bottom line of your business.