A new report released in August 2017 predicts that the global packaging automation solution market is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 11 percent over the next 10 years. If these predictions are correct, the industry will be worth about $70.22 billion by 2025.
This is huge and will impact on every single industry in the market to a lesser or greater extent depending on their activities and market share.
What the Global Packaging Automation Solution Report Says
The report states that fueling this unprecedented growth are ever-increasing demands for:
- Supply chain integration
- Growth in the retail and e-commerce sectors
- Varied growth and investment opportunities
The 170-page report entitled Global Packaging Automation Solution Market Analysis & Trends – Industry Forecast to 2025 looks at:
- The market and how it works in terms of methodology, trends, and other factors.
- Current market trends, as well as demands in various sectors, growth opportunities, constraints, bargaining power of suppliers and buyers, potential threats, and competitive rivalry.
- Packaging automation solutions for markets in relation to products.
- Packaging automation solutions for markets in relation to end-users. These are vast and varied and include:
- The electronics market
- Aerospace and defense
- The retail market
- Logistics and warehousing
- Food and beverage
- The medical industry
- Packaging automation solutions in terms of both software and services
- Packaging automation solutions in terms of function and includes filling, labeling, palletizing, wrapping, bagging, capping, case packaging, and various other functions.
The packaging automation solution is also considered in terms of geographic markets that stretch the length and breadth of the globe. A total of 15 leading automation companies are discussed, and the activities of certain key players are considered.
Automated packaging machinery is vital to every company and key player in the market. But the market is segmented and end users have different needs. So, the report divides sectors into:
- Automated packagers
- Packaging robots
- Automated conveyors and sortation systems
End users are also vast and varied, all with very different needs. To produce valid comment for all of them, the report looks are variables and categorizes the market according to the market served. Some markets are sub-divided, including healthcare which incorporates both medical devices and pharmaceuticals, and logistics and warehousing, which is broadly divided into e-commerce orders and orders for the range of products divided according to industry (food and beverage, healthcare, chemicals, and the rest).
Any company that uses automated packaging machinery to provide the very best packaging solutions will know that there are numerous segments in the industry. Functions include filling, wrapping, bagging, capping, labeling, palletizing, case packaging, and more. So it is vital to know exactly which sector you are going to fulfill.
Those businesses already established in their various industry sectors could learn a lot from the report, which provides estimates together with forecasts of all the various segments globally. Historical data for 2014 and 2015 is also included.
Whether you’ve read the report or not, if you are in the market for packaging automation systems and equipment Technik Packaging Machinery can help get you on the right track. Call us to set up a meeting.