Companies that have loose products or items with irregular shapes often pack them by hand in pre-manufactured bags. This works well enough, but in many cases automated packaging solutions will not only improve productivity, but will lower operating costs as well.
There are many different automated packaging solutions, but the two that work best for this type of product are horizontal bagging machines, or better still, vertical bagging machines. In fact if you don’t already use vertical bagging equipment, now might be the time to consider diversifying your automated packaging solutions.
Products that benefit most from vertical bagging include:
- toys, including balls that aren’t easy to handle of flat surfaces
- DIY items like paint rollers, curtain rods and window shades
- all types of kits from auto parts, nuts and bolts to puzzle pieces
- anything that has an irregular shape
- mixed products that are packed together
- food service items including cutlery and crockery
- fruit and vegetables
- anything that is longer than it is wide
How Vertical Bagging Equipment Works
Instead of using ready-made bags, vertical bagging equipment creates a bag around the item so that the film covers the product around and down over it.
Generally, the actual machine used should match the shape of the product because any scrap, or waste, is created from the narrow width rather than the length. The opposite is the case with horizontal bagging machines that are intended for products that are longer on the horizontal axis.
Vertical Bagging Equipment Used by Technik Packaging Machinery
Technik Packaging Machinery uses vertical bagging machines made by Triapex, a company that specializes in vertical packaging machines. Founded in 1996, the company focuses on both progress and quality, and is continually developing new devices based on contemporary technologies.
The machines used by Technik are suitable for a vast range of products from coffee and snack foods to fruit and vegetables, as well as pharmaceuticals and household products. They currently operate at least eight different vertical packaging machines that offer a range of different benefits to those customers who recognize the need to diversify. These include the:
- Triapex BV that is designed to pack samples and small pieces including liquids, granular materials and powders. It is a compact machine that can produce as many as 66 bags a minute.
- Triapex HV2 intended for variable items that need to be reliably packed quickly but at a relatively low cost. It is able to handle about 80 bags a minute.
- Triapex HV3 that is very fast and able to produce up to 120 bags a minute. It can be used for all the items the BV and HV2 can handle.
- Triapex HV4 that is ideal for collated packaging and large volumes. It uses a larger bag and can still fill up to 120 bags each minute.
- Triapex HV5 made specially for packing fruit and vegetables and therefore the best choice for any fresh produce. It works relatively slowly and produces up to 20 bags per minute.
- Triapex HV6 intended for very large volumes and therefore handles large bags up to 25 inches wide and 48 inches (or four feet) long. It is ideal for bulk applications, producing 15 bags in one minute.
- Triapex HVR that is fast and good for large volumes, handling as many as 25 bags a minute. The maximum bag size is 40 inches x 20 inches.
- Triapex HV2D that incorporates a horizontal conveyor system and uses standup bags with a variety of reclosable features. Ideal for coffee and other food industries, it can produces as many as 40 bags a minute, and finished bags can be automatically collated and case packed.
If you’d like to diversify your automated packaging solutions and introduce vertical bagging equipment, or use more vertical bagging machines, contact the professionals at Technik Packaging Machinery for advice and more information. We can help you grow your business and make it operate more efficiently.