Last Updated: 5/1/2020 at 5:19PM
In these difficult times, all of us at Technik wish safety and good health for our customers, vendors, and other partners.
As an essential supplier to the pharmaceutical and food industries, Technik has continued in normal operations, implementing enhanced cleaning, distancing, and personal protective equipment (PPE) policies to minimize the risk of spreading disease. Our manufacturing partners have done the same, and continue to produce the high quality, cost-effective packaging equipment Technik is known for.
We’ve enhanced our remote operational capabilities, and are able to supply both new equipment and spare parts without the need for a site visit or in-person communications. We offer both sales and service support via all major teleconferencing apps, including Skype/Skype for Business, FaceTime, and Zoom.
For those sales and service situations where an onsite visit is required, we’ve implemented the following policies to ensure the safety of our employees and customers:
- Technik employees who exhibit fever or other symptoms of illness, or who have exhibited such symptoms in the previous 14 days, may work only from home and may not travel to customer sites
- Technik employees with known exposure to COVID-19 within the previous 14 days may work only from home and may not travel to customer sites
- Technik employees who travel to customer sites will be provided with N95 face masks and disposable nitrile gloves, and must wear them at all times while at a customer site
- Technik employees will wear additional PPE at customer sites if requested by customer
- All travel to customer sites must be done via private car or general aviation where possible. Travel by airline will be considered for approval on a case-by-case basis
- Customers requesting a site visit from Technik employees must have implemented similar policies for their own employees and visitors at any site Technik employees will visit
We’re happy to discuss any concerns or enhanced procedures with our customers prior to an in-person visit. Contact your project manager directly to discuss your needs for onsite visits.
Technik is proud of our continuing service to keep our valued customers up and running during the crisis, and will continue to update our policies based on the best available scientific information to keep our employees and customers safe and productive. Please contact us at 770-788-9601 or at technikpackaging.com/contact-us if you have further questions or need assistance with your packaging operations.